2014 is coming to an end. Is time to reflect on all that 2014 brought into our life's.
2014 was fun filled year.
From LA trips.
Concerts - JT I will miss you in 2015 (haha).
New job.
Trying new restaurants.
First family vacation in Florida - Orlando and Miami.
San Francisco trips.
Hikes, lots of hikes.
Bowling and miniature golf.
Finishing a second MA!!!
Lots and lots of movies.
Making new friends.
and so MANY book.
All of the 2014 resolutions were not completed.... but here is a recap-
1. Read a minimum of ten new books, keep a list (I feel like I did not read enough this year)
I read 13 books in January 2014 alone. I do love to read and it is so easy for me too lose myself in books.
I love the Shade of Vampire books and the facts that the keep coming out.
2. Decide what to do about NU and see it through
I took a decision and finished a second MA with National in July!!!!
3. Visit three new places (don't have to get on a plane, that would be great but CA has some amazing places)
Orlando
Miami
Napa - hadn't taken the boys
Redwood Basin - hiking
4. Do the 52 week savings challenge (it will for sure be a challenge)
Started doing this one but after January I forgot, will try again in 2015.
5. Go to the gym enough to make it worth having to pay a membership (three-four times a week would be ideal)
This was not happening so we canceled the gym, in 2015 we are going to plan hikes and walking and later on start running again.
6. Take at least one family picture a month (kind of to see how much we change during the year, specially the boys)
This one did not work either, we have so many pictures monthly, weekly, but not so many of all four of us. But not that I have the mini Polaroid, we will take a picture a month using that one.
7. Work on the One Good Deed a Day book (I try to do this but somehow I never get to it so now I have to!!)
This one was so much fun to do. I still have some on the book to finish. Thanks Jessica.
8. Have at least one family game night a week, schedule it to make sure we do it
We did not have one family game night a week, it was random. Some weeks we played game almost every day some none at all. But I am okay with it.
9. Try one new restaurant a month for our monthly date nights
I did do this one, we didn't eat out on date night every month and some we wanted something quick but we did try some new yummy places, and looking forward to try some new ones this coming year.
10. Do something new as a family
We did lots of new things, from hikes, to miniature golf, to the boys first actual people movie not cartoons.
Overall not bad haha
For 2015 here are some goals, some are the same as above that I would like to work on -
1. Do the weekly savings challenge.
2. Take a family picture a month.
3. Go to 3 new places as a family.
4. Attend a training outside of the work PDs.
5. Look into Admin credentials.
6. Write more often on the teacher blog.
7. Analyze data more often.
8. Write an actual letter a month to someone that has been a good example, role model, for appreciation, or just letting them know I am thinking about them.
9. Read more books, new books.
10. Be more kind and compassionate and less judgemental.
Some new things we will implement at home with boys are a chore chart and allowance. They are good at putting money they find or is given to them in their piggy bank. This year they cashed it and used some to buy mommy and daddy's Xmas gifts and saved the rest. Now we are going to the teach them to earn and save. We will see how it goes.
Some things to look forward in 2015 -
Summer family vacation - don't know where yet.
Lizette's wedding in July.
A week off in February.
Thanksgiving at Universal Studious.
Ata's 60th birthday and the Napa wine train.
Here are some pictures from 2014 - Happy New Years everyone. Hope that 2015 will bring you all love, happiness, adventure, and joy!!!
2014 you were good to me, 2015 I am ready for you!!!!!






























No comments:
Post a Comment