Thursday, February 20, 2014

school.........







So as I am sitting here waiting for the Internet at Starbucks to be faster (now that some people have left) I started reflecting in my educational past haha. I think it has to do with the fact that I have to write a reflection essay and this is my way of procrastinating.

Anyway I was thinking at while I was at CSULA with terms, 10 weeks of courses and one week of finals, I thought I would never be able to go back to the semester way. Well I did go back to it. AT CSUDH I had the whole 16 week semesters, honestly you learn the same thing you learn in 10 weeks only that you have more time not to do assignments or readings, specially when everything is due at the end of the semester. Now that I am at NU, with a class per month, I keep thinking, "all colleges should be this way" honestly is the perfect way to go. You work hard for a month and is done, true cannot stay behind at all, and I mean at all if things aren't turned in by Sunday at midnight, are Saturday the last week of class, you cannot turn it in late, hahaha this is not for procrastinators at all. 

Which brings me to the fact that I did decide to finished the Masters in Teaching degree. Not with the ABA emphasis, I already did that whole go to school for hours at a time and stay up every night for the whole during of the class to get things done and readings an all that, I am too old for that. The one class a month online class works GREAT for me. I dedicate one day a week to do reading and homework, yes it does take me all night but I am done, then proof and turn in. I love it!!!!

So what I am studying you ask? I decided to get the emphasis on Early Childhood Educations. I already have the Special Education one so might as well have both sides of the coin. It is super interesting and I love that I am learning about the general education aspect of early childhood it give me a better idea of where my kiddos should be and how to support them that way, and it help with the boys as well. 

This is something I will add to my credential and it allows me to work with kiddos from birth to 8, most people with it teach in community college or teach kinder. No, I am not gonna go and teach gen ed but maybe some day I will teach at the college level, I guess I will have to start proof reading and focusing on grammar :-/

As of now I am enjoying learning new things. I get to walk in the graduation ceremony in April up here in Sacramento and I will officially be done with the courses at the end of June and my diploma should arrive at some point in the summer. I am excited, I mean how many people get two MAs? Eventually I will like to go back and get a PhD but not any time soon. I wanna be done with this and then enjoy not having to read for an assignments or having to write APA papers. I guess it will be time to start paying those student loans as well, not looking forward to that, 

Anyway. That is what is on my mind. I guess I should go back and finish that reflection, is not gonna write itself right?........







No comments:

Post a Comment