Friday, January 3, 2014

First few days of the new year and the Divergent series…..

I realized (yesterday) that it is 2014 and that 14 is my favorite number, so now I am even more excited for this new year.

The first few days have been great and relaxing. January 1 we went out for lunch but we spend the rest of the day watching TV, reading, playing, napping haha it was nice and relaxing. January 2 the boys and I meet Tylene and Juliet in San Bruno for lunch and then the boys and I headed over to SF to see the Mosaic Stairs. They were so pretty. I actually hadn't planned on climbing them but the boys wanted to see we did. The view was pretty from up there. It is very pretty!! Today we stayed home, Zach started feeling kind of sick so we had to use the inhaler but he is not feeling better. The boys are actually suppose to be sleeping but I can hear them chatting and laughing. It still amazes me that they spend all day together and they still spend an hour at night chatting, reason why they have to be in bed by 8.

Zach did tell me yesterday that he misses school and learning, he is very excited about going back Monday. Matthew keeps saying he prefers holidays haha.

Today was our last official day of winter break. Boys go back to school Monday and even thgouth I have the day off, I have a list of things to do, DMV, bank, post office, etc….So it was nice to hang out at home and relax.





Now….. I tried to not to give anything away about the books, so if you haven't read them and are planning to, I hope I don't spoil it for any way……


I added the Divergent series to this post mostly because I have spend most of the past couple of day reading the books. I REALLY enjoyed the books and I am about to re-read them. If you know me, you know that I have a tendency to re-read books I really, really, really like. I have read the Twilight series, the Hunger Game series many many times. As much as I love Harry Potter I have not re-read those but I plan to, eventually. I also become attach to the characters but it usually  happens during the second time reading the books….not for this ones. I made the comment that I like the books but I could put it down (not that feeling that I HAD to read and read) however after chapter five of Divergent (the first book) I couldn't put it down, I just had to keep reading. I also said that I like the fact that it was not a love story, with a love story within, also duirng Divergent. While reading Insurgent, I keep thinking, why is it that all the girl character feel the need to sacrifice themselves but just end up making everything worst for everyone else, I guess is woman nature, but still. Then Allegiant came. At first I was confused why it was being told by both Tris (Beatrice) and Tobias (Four) but then it all made sense. During Allegiant is when I realized how attached I was to the characters in four days, amazing. During Allegiant there was time I couldn't stop reading, then I didn't want to read any more, then I wanted to boycott the movie, then it all made sense. I cried for a good part of the book, maybe about the last 20 chapters. At some point I had to stop reading and just cry. Some of you may read it and think "finally" and if it had happened in Insurgent (second book) I may, may, had felt that way but that was not the case. I was devastate!!!! I thought about it a lot, went looking for answers, after reading the authors explanantion of why things happened in Allegiant it was made more and more sense and I couldn't be mad but I still felt sad.

There are also four short stories, two will be released in June, about Tobias/Four and how he sees things, a seen from Divergent, and when he transferred to Dauntless from Abnegation. Read them if you have the chance, they are GREAT and you will love Tobias/Four then before!!

I hope everyone is having a great start of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment