Thursday, March 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!!! (another fun spring break day...)

Happy Birthday Daddy!!!!
Pablo turns 30 today, yes the big 3-0!! 
sadly he spend the whole day working, but we did celebrate a week ago. The boys picked presents for him, gum, gummy worms, and a Lego "Lord Vampire" key chain. We had tacos and burritos (his favorite) and cake of course. The boys painted a nice sing and we  wrote Happy Birthday Daddy on it. We are very lucky to have him in our lives we love him and appreciate all the sacrifices he does for us!



We started the day at speech. Today Zach was assessed while Matt played with the iPad and I looked at pinterest ideas :)

Then we ran errands......I know what you may be thinking that is no fun, but trust me with the boys is an adventure. We made two stops. 1. Trader Joe's - I had told Zach that we were only getting regular rice milk because we had sweet cereal at home, ha, the joke was on me.. when we got there there was only vanilla rice milk of course Zach had a comment "look mommy no regular milk, yes only vanilla my favorite" we went in for milk and cam out with three boxes of cookies, one box of cheese space ships (like gold fish), bananas, a pineapple, and of course six things of rice milk. In case you did not know Zach prefers rice milk, while Matt is fine with either rice or cow, but if there is vanilla rice milk then he likes that. 2. Target - disclaimer in the car was that we were NOT looking at toys today, boys said it was okay because they have a lot of toys. We had a list of things to get and we pretty much stuck to the list, bread, yogurt, butter, cow milk, bagels, garlic bread, we did end up with two boxes of cake and two frosting cans (wanted to try a new decorating tip from pinterest). Then we headed home. 

Boys did surprisingly good at Target and did not requested toys, however they did make lots of toys comments, for our birthday we want......., for Christmas we want.........., can we get (inset toy name) when we have our own money. LOL people must have thought I was super mean not taking them to see the toys but come on we went to Target to see toys Tuesday and Toys R Us yesterday. I mean how many times can you see the same toys. 

After lunch we took a nap, I love nap time. Then we made a cake. The boys love maxing all the ingredients and using the mixer. The hardest time for them is waiting for the cake to bake and then having to wait for it cool, and then having to wait for the frosting to harden. But at the end they love it!!
On Pinterets I found a way to decorate the cake with regular frosting, you place the frosting can in the microwave and melt it for 15 seconds, make sure it is not to watery. Then you pour the frosting over the cake from the center in slow circular motions until the whole cake is covered. You let it harden for a little and then you re do the frosting until you get the amount you want. Then you decorate with sprinkles or candies etc. It was pretty cool and the cake looked really nice. We called it an Easter cake because it has pink frosting and sprinkles. 

After eating cake we danced....I am glad we still have the Grammy Awards on the DVR. We watched the performances and dance and signed. It was super fun. We were all so tired afterwards. For dinner we had bagels and milk (tea in my case). The boys took a short shower and are now in bed. 

I am so sad to see the week come to an end, but I am so blessed to have spend the week with the boys. Every year I say "next year we will plan a vacation somewhere" and yes it would be fun to go somewhere but it is also so much fun to stay home and enjoy the week, like it was a very long weekend. I know the boys are also sad to see the week come to an end. But there are a few days of in May, two weeks on June, and then four weeks for summer break. 


** Link to the frosting decorating tip - http://sweetcsdesigns.com/the-easiest-way-to-frost-a-cake-ever/


No comments:

Post a Comment