I guess the last post I wrote was in September of last year. WOW how fast a year goes by. I stopped writing as someone pointed out that no one ever read this blog, and as I was driving to LA and thinking the blog it came to my mind that I did not start it and wrote on it because someone was reading it (I am mean if you are reading this GREAT, I appreciate it big time) however, I wrote it for me. To keep a record of our life as a family, and my life as a mother, daugther, teacher, and student. I regret stopping or so long and I am hoping I am able to get back into it.
Since September 2011 a LOT has happened and changed.
In October 2011 I left TUSD (LAUNCH) after ten years for a teaching position in Santa Monica at a private special education preschool. The first few months were great. But as the honeymoon period wore off it because unbearable and literally hell. I was working 14 hours a day (and just getting paid for 8), it seen that never was ever good enough, and they found someone to pick on me for every single day. I was stressed out, angry, unhappy, and little by little I was loosing it. I was never home. I would leave when the boys were sleeping and come back when the boys were about to go to bed or in bed already. The work load was fine, the staff was amazing (most of them) and the students/parents were great however the administrators and their cult were something completely out of this world. I did learn so much. Not only about the teacher I want to be but also about the way I want to be treated and how important it is to treat others with respect. In the process I ended up with two GREAT friends. I lasted seven months, the longest seven months of my life. At one point it was enough. I knew that they would probably fire me (we were not seen eye to eye in anything at all) so in April 2012 I started applying for others jobs.
In the mean time - - - - - boys started going to LAUNCH but we pulled them out at the end of October beginning of November (honestly I do not remember) they still went for speech but only for that. They were not happy the teachers were finding things that were wrong with them and honestly they were not very nourishing either. It is as a special ed preschool teacher to leave my own kids in a preschool. I do not care if you are a new teacher or been thinking for your whole life, I expect them to have the same teaching standards as I do, which I know is hard but hey I am trusting them with my two biggest blessings. So since then they have been home schooled. I leave things for them to work on (colors, numbers, shapes, addition, not all crafts) and my mom works with them. I know they need the social aspect but I knew we had made the right decision when we ran into one of the teachers a ta store and the boys did not even want to look at them and keep asking not to be near them uhmmmm interesting. Never the less I think they may be ready, however my wallet may not be so in the mean time we are learning at home and starting soccer lessons soon.
April 2012, At this time I started applying for teaching jobs, however there were not jobs in the Southern California, so after talking with Pablo for a long time we decided to take a big jump and apply for any job there was out there. So I applied to East Palo Alto, Fairfield, Temecula, and Palo Verde. East Palo Alto and Fairfiel are up north. Temecula in half way to San Diego and Palo Verde in my the Arizona, Nevada Boarder. I couldn't make the interview for Temecula as it was last minute and I couldn't take the days off (long long story). The Palo Verde one called after I had taken a job already plsu really I think that would had been way too HOT not sure if I was ready for that. I did interview for both East Palo Alto and Fairfield and I was lucky to get both job offers. I took he one in East Palo Alto as an Itinerant Special Education Preschool teacher. and we moved to San Jose.
May 2012 - The BIG move. I left my SM job in the middle of the month and started the new job at the end of the month. We moved the boys and my mom during the Memorial weekend. Sadly Pablo stayed in Torrance (and is still there) until he gets a job here we are currently looking and looking). We got lucky and were able to find a place to live right away. We are renting a corner house with BIG backyard and gated front yard. We are really loving the house and we are only about 10 minutes from Pablo's uncle and his family (YAY).
June 2012 - Debbie came to visit and her and Pablo were here for two weeks. It was great having daddy here and the boys were super happy. It was wonderful seen Debbie after two years and being able to hang out, chat, and do turist things while she was here.
July 2012 - I worked ESY and was done at the middle of the month. The boys got really sick with fevers and Zach ended up in the ER. Hardest part about moving is having to find a new Dr, a new hospital, new everything. It was crazy and thankfully they are both better, I found a great pediatrician and a good hospital.
Now here we are. We spend the first week of August in LA. My cousing Rosita came from Guatemala to visit and it gave us a great excuse to head south and spend some time over there. Of course it was so nice to be with Pablo and see the whoel family. We were able to have a dinner celebration for the boys 4th birthday at Gabby's house. It was really nice and the boys had a great time. We also went to CA Adventures, to Hollywood and Highland, Chuck e Cheese. We were able to see some friends, Carrie it was great having dinner with you guys and Sarah thanks a bunch for letting us use the stroller. The drive wasn't bad at all. The 101 even thought is long is a way better drive than the 5 and the 405. Since coming back to San Jose, we have gone to Monterey to hang out with Steph and Anika, and had a birthday lunch for the boys. We are very lucky to have such amazing people surrounding us. we have also gone to SF a handful of time and the boys really do like it. I start work this Thursday and as every year I am sad to say good bye to summer but I am looking forward to see how Fall is like here and for the boys to start soccer.
School - I am taking my last level 2 credential class during Fall which will take me to LA twice (once in August and one in December) I also have to retake Assessment for my MA test (I better know the law cases now-and I did pass the other three so it is all good). So by December 2012 I will be completely done with CSUDH. I suppose to start to National next month for the BCBA and the MA in teaching (hopefully my financial aid will pick it up). Because of the job change I did not start in January but it is still something I was to do.
So in short that has been life since last September. I am hoping to keep up again with this blog!! Thanks for reading :)


No comments:
Post a Comment