Sunday, November 17, 2013

DIY ….

So after making the candy ghosts and mummies for Halloween I got kind of addicted to DIY. Nothing to complicated or time consuming. 

For Thanksgiving for the boys teachers and my coworkers I made candle turkeys. 
I got the candles, the foam, and the goggle eyes at the dollar store. I made 18 candle turkeys using a hot glue gun. 
These would be great for place setting names for Thanksgiving dinner, but I as I am not hosting dinner this year, I will be reusing the idea next year.


I also made THANK you cards for the boys teachers
You all know I am a teacher and I know what it is like to have not only to work with little kids
but also having to deal with the parents. 
I know I have high expectations for teacher (specially if they will be responsible for my kids learning) 
and I feel like thanksgiving is the prefect way to say THANK you for all they do  
These are super cute ideas (from pinterest) I did change one of them to say tea-rrific as she does not drink coffee (I know crazy)
I think they came out super cute


This is not really a DIY but I really like it. At the dollar bin at Target they had the chalkboard labels and a chalk markers and I really like how they urned out. I have like 7 magazine holders on my shelf at work and now I was able to label them and when I want to move them around I can just erase the writing and write it again and I don't need to use the chalk marker I can use a chalk. 



Okay these are NOT balloons they are Christmas ornaments.
I know it would look better with red and green but honestly they did not have those colors in bunches and I wasn't sure if I was going to like them, but I LOVE how they turned out and now I will use some for balloons as well for birthday cards (will post when I do them)
This are not our Xmas cards but as I mail gifts to LA these are the ones that will accompany the gifts



These are all, well most, pinterest ideas follow my board at http://www.pinterest.com/loremaldo14/making-gifts/
for other great DIY or things you can buy as well……

No comments:

Post a Comment