I love the start of the "ber" months (September, October, November, December). Holidays, celebration, and honestly school!!!
I been back to work since the 15 of August and the boys started school last week. But I feel that by September everyone is back and life as we know it is back on track. I guess as a teacher and a mommy I feel that way.
Today was a nice relaxing day. We had BBQ hot dogs with Mariela and her awesome kiddos and now we are relaxing. We watched a movie and I am having a great time looking on pinterest for boots and fall weather outfits, as well as preschool ideas.
I realized I did not blog about this but I wanted to share.
On August 19 Pablo and I took a painting class. It was a groupon deal. It was at a restaurant and we painted the Stary Night (my fav). We had dinner and had a fantastic time painting. I finally put them up in our room. It was so much fun I would love to go again but it will have t wait for 10 months.
I am sure you are wondering, 10 months?
Well I started classes on campus at NU this week. I am a little scared, mostly my inner nerd is freaking about about not keeping the 4.0 I have right now. The MAT on line classes were great. As a special education teacher and a comm disorders BA, I never got a change to learn about gen ed, so that is why I like the MAT classes a lot.
I am super excited about the ABA. I want to start writing behavior assessments. I am a little worried about the 1500 hours I need. I do some ABA at work with the itinerant kiddos and my own studnets but I am hoping to add at least an extra 30 min a day. I am sure two of my parents will let me keep the kiddos for 30 min extra to be able to have all my hours. I also do not know anyone with a BCBA in northern California, I am hoping my friend from LA and the one from Hawaii can sign my hours, specially as I worked as an ABA therapist with both of them.
So in June 2014, I will be done with the program. I will obtain a degree in Masters in Arts (yes, my second one I got one from CSUDH in May 2013 - I know I walked a year before) in Teaching with an emphasis on Applied Behavioral Analysis. Which will allow me to sit for the board exam to be a Board Certified Behavioral Analysis. I am exited.
Not sure what I will do with that once I am done. There is no behaviorist at work, so I am hoping I can use it there. I know for sure that I want to teacher for at least one more year and then see where I can go with the BCBA. I am also hoping that having two MAs, a certificate, and a credential will help me get into a good PhD program so we will see.
In another note my credential fully cleared in August 1 YAY, I am good for the next five years!!!
hope your Labor Day was relaxing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment