Thursday, June 16, 2011

one-on-one time.......

This week I had a blast spending some one-on-one time with the boys. We are now officially blocked out from out Disneyland passes (until late August) so I decided that for our one-on-one we will go to Disneyland, and what an adventure it was.

Matthew and I went Monday afternoon. The ride there was a blast he sleep for a little but woke up super excited, we made it pretty fast not much traffic. He keep telling me all he wanted to eat, popcorn, lollipop, ice-cream, churro, hamburgers, french fries, and soda. I asked him if he wanted to eat all that and he said YES. Once we got there he got really really excited. He had requested that we went to the Little Mermaid ride, no this ride just opened June 3 and last time we wanted to go it (last week) it was a 75 minute wait, so we headed into the Little Mermaid direction, the whole walk there (yeah walk, no stroller) I keep telling him that there was going to be a very long time and he had to be good and wait with mama. We stopped by to get some popcorn (first vendor he saw) and we even stopped at a bench to eat it, or some of it. It was so nice to go at his pace, to remember to enjoy the little things, like sitting in a bench together and look at the rapid ride in front of me, which brought lots of language out of Matthew, every time the water splash, how he did not want to go there, asking if everyone was getting wet, and not happy at all when I answered yes. After we had sat for a wile he asked for the ride again so we keep on walking (well I walked and he was carried). Once we got to the Little Mermaid the line said it was 75 minute wait arg, but he was a champ, he still wanted to go on, plus I think the popcorn helped. In line, the family in front of us had a one year old and she wanted some popcorn, well Matt as the gentleman that he is keep offering her popcorn and more popcorn until he dropped it and spilled most of what was left. The girls peanut got her ice-cream and the little girl (and parent) kindly offered some to Matt, which he happily took and eat in a heart beat, an then managed to clean his hands with his pants, and shirt, and my pants. Finally we made it into the ride, and let me tell you it was worth it, super cute, I loved it, it had all the good songs and part of the movie, however Matt had never seen the movie and I don't think he thought much of the ride, but he was happy about seen the little mermaid, finally after asking about it for a week. We later venture to the boardwalk area where he rode the carousel, and then played in the arcade. Honestly I had never noticed they had an arcade (and we go at least once a month to California Adventure) none the less he had fun, the fishing game is the best by far, everyone wins how can u beat that. He was lucky to get the fish with the big price, a big Goofy (or Gossy) and he calls it) and then we played the water one (where you aim the water gun into the little whole and make your guy go up the stairs) we beat all the other kids (okay I beat the kids but still Matt did help out) and then was got a small mouse from Cinderella. My good boy wanted to carry them the whole time, I had to convinced him to let me put the mouse in the backpack so he wouldn't loose it. Then we headed over to Disneyland and we rode the train. Matt was so tired that he fell sleep after one stop, so nice to have him sleep in my arms just like when he was a baby, it was so comforting to hold him close to give and simply enjoy the moment. I got off the train when he was still sleeping and trust me he was NOT happy when he woke up and we were no longer in the train, but he was ready to go home "I go my home, mama" The ride home was a quite ride as he sleep the whole way, and as I had promise him a hamburger and fries we stopped at MacDonald's for some dinner. The trip was great I got so many hugs and kisses, I was in heaven. It was nice to have tome just for him and to listen to what he had to say, and some stuff was funny, like the Gossy thing it took me a while to figure out he was talking about Goofy, and how he keep telling me what things that happened a long time ago, like opening his head (big boo boo) and going to the doctor, and how he doesn't like when his blue room is with no light, and specially that he was happy "Matt happy" It was for sure a blast.

Zachary went on Tuesday. The ride took a little longer as it was later in the day but he did not nap. He chatted the whole time with me. He told me what all the cars on the road, and of course all the big trailers were Mack's, from Cars and inside was Maqueen. He told me the cars and if they were little or small. He also told me "only mama and Zach to Disneyland, no at a, no daddy, no Matt" and of course every M he saw was M for Matt and the few Zs were Z for Zach. Just the ride along was great. Once in California Adventure he was more worried about getting a new toy (at the arcade) and any rides or anything like that. So we headed that way first, well after I asked a few time if he wants to go to the Little Mermaid, he said no every time. So off to the arcade we went, we stopped at the carousel first, there he told me the color of the fish, how many fish there were (four in the whole carousel) and where they lived. We finally made it to the arcade, the fishing one was first, I have to admit I was a little worried that he would not get a medium or big price as he would be devastated cause Matt had the Goofy, but I also saw it as a great learning opportunity, but what did you know he got a fish with a medium price, which was a Mickey with a fishing hat, then we played some ball game, I played he watched, and we wan a small Bulls Eye (the horse form Toy Story) he was super happy. Again we made our way to Little Mermaid but he was adamant that he did not wanna go in, so we headed to the Bugs Life area, were we rode the ladybugs and he loved it, the smile in his face was huge. Then he saw the chuto (churro, I love how he calls it) and he didn't even want to share with me, he wanted the whole thing, but we shared. At Disneyland he only wanted to ride the train as well. After the train he asked for a big hamburger and big french fries. We headed to the Bear eating place (slowly as it was super duper crowded). I was happy to see that they now have sweet potato fries only and the buns are wheat, the food was really really good, we shared and enjoyed it greatly. It was so much fun when we eat, the workers were getting ready for the water show and keep telling they were pirate sand they were going to fight with swords (or something that sounded like that) then he went to tell me that we were going to have two birthday cakes one for Matt and one for Zach, one chocolate, and one strawberry, and how it was a pirate party, He chatted he whole time and it was absolutely wonderful. He was then ready to go home. Once we got to the car I got him comfy to sleep but he insisted that he was going to stay awake with mama, however by the time I was out of the parking lot he was sleeping, ohh my boy was super tired.

I had a BLAST with the boys it was a great start to the summer. Even thought I am working summer school I won't work Monday and it is only for four week and then we will have a little over a month together which will be so much fun. I am hoping to go to the beach, the park, into the pool, and of course their birthday (with a trip to Sea World for the first time) and a pirate birthday cake party. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment