Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ricky Martin Book Signing - "Me"

I had a great day yesterday. I woke up at 4 AM and headed to the Grove to make line until 9 AM to get a wristband so I could get "Me" signed by Ricky. It was an amazing experience, I had never gotten up so early for something like this, but it was so worth it....in the AM people were crazy trying to be the first in line, people sleep over in their cars wow, i meet some great people and hopefully we will keep in touch for future events (they are also Twilight fans). we had a great time getting to know each other. at 9 they started taking people in (finally) and I got a purple band with the letter "E" i was around number 60 in line. after that i came home (stuck on the 10 forever).
At 2:30 PM Bianca and I left to go back to The Grove and watch the Extra interview with Ricky, it was amazing, he is amazing. Then waiting time started, ahhh it felt for ever. at around 6 they started separating us into our letters and getting us into Barns and Nobles, there we waited some more until 7:50 when he arrived (he was taping Larry King that is why he was late). and then the line started moving........

Us outside

Bianca and I inside Barns and Nobles

Ricky signing


wow when it was my turn, I showed him a picture o f my boys, told him I had two years old twins (Matthew and Zachary) their birthday (8/2/08) Ricky said "wow that's an amazing coincidence" his boys were born 8/6/08, and then I told him i knew exactly what he was going thru, then he said "I don't sleep, do you sleep?" I said no, that the boys wont stay in their bed, but that it is amazing to have them, and he said "yes it is life changing" then I asked him if I could give him hug and he reached over and i reached over, and and i hugged him and kiss on cheek (yeah i didn't want to wash my face but....)he had amazing eye contact, he looks at everyone when you are talking to him.........and then I almost passed out, i was shaking, and my eyes got all teary eye, is for sure something I wanted my whole life. Ricky has been the only celebrity that has been a constant in my life, the only person i ever wanted to meet, and now I meet him wow, that is all i can say wow!!!
my book

1 comment:

  1. I was also there that day! Ricky is an amazing person! I shook his hand and thanked him for giving me the courage to come out as a young gay man. He smiled at me gave me a hi five and said, "Be happy man that's all that matters just be happy!". I will never forget those words!

    ReplyDelete