So last Friday w my NST appointment they noticed that I was having contractions, they send me home and told me to come back if they lasted for two hours between 15 min. Now the bad thing is that i could barely feel them so i wasn't sure if they were contractions or not. Either way at 9pm we returned to the hospital. I did get a shot to stop the contractions however my blood pressure was getting higher and higher. I spend all night there. Then Saturday morning the Dr said that because my blood pressure was so high I could have a seizure if I was send home so to prevent anything to happening to me or the babies they were coming out. So Saturday at 9 am I was getting ready for the csection and they were born around ten. It was the most amazing thing in the world to hear them cry for the first time and see what they look like. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love them. Now because they were only 35 weeks they are still in NICU but everyday they do better and better. Matthew is no longer in the incubator, he is sleeping in a regular crib, no IV, no feeding tube he is even breastfeeding (which is amazing by the way). Zachary still has a hard time sucking so he gets a bottle one feeding and tube feeding the next time around, he is also doing better Pablo feed him last night and he eat everything (now lets hope he digests everything), he also doesn't have the IV anymore. The picture on the top is from August 6, both of them were placed in the same incubator, it was the fist time they were together since the belly, the nurse said that they both digested everything once they were together :) Matthew is the one on the left and Zachary the one on the right!!!!
I am the mom of twin boys, a wife, a daughter, a friend, a dreamer, a reader, and high school administrator. I love my life. Pablo and I have been married for almost 22 years. The boys are 17. We love traveling, watching sport, reading, and hanging out.
Friday, August 8, 2008
They are here!!!
So last Friday w my NST appointment they noticed that I was having contractions, they send me home and told me to come back if they lasted for two hours between 15 min. Now the bad thing is that i could barely feel them so i wasn't sure if they were contractions or not. Either way at 9pm we returned to the hospital. I did get a shot to stop the contractions however my blood pressure was getting higher and higher. I spend all night there. Then Saturday morning the Dr said that because my blood pressure was so high I could have a seizure if I was send home so to prevent anything to happening to me or the babies they were coming out. So Saturday at 9 am I was getting ready for the csection and they were born around ten. It was the most amazing thing in the world to hear them cry for the first time and see what they look like. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love them. Now because they were only 35 weeks they are still in NICU but everyday they do better and better. Matthew is no longer in the incubator, he is sleeping in a regular crib, no IV, no feeding tube he is even breastfeeding (which is amazing by the way). Zachary still has a hard time sucking so he gets a bottle one feeding and tube feeding the next time around, he is also doing better Pablo feed him last night and he eat everything (now lets hope he digests everything), he also doesn't have the IV anymore. The picture on the top is from August 6, both of them were placed in the same incubator, it was the fist time they were together since the belly, the nurse said that they both digested everything once they were together :) Matthew is the one on the left and Zachary the one on the right!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They are beautiful and look so cute together. Congrats on the breastfeeding!
ReplyDelete